Friday, March 19, 2010

OMG, it's twins!


So I went for my u/s yesterday, just to make sure the pregnancy wasn't ectopic since I was having a lot of cramping, and the instant the vag cam was put in, I thought I saw two sacs. I turned to the tech, and said, "Um, did I just see two?" She replied with, "Yes, I think so, thats what I am going to check now."

It was the most surreal moment of my life. I am sad that my husband was not there to share it with me, but we never thought he'd need to come to this appt. The tech was the sweetest, nicest woman and was so happy for me. She definitely made me feel better about not having my husband there.

I then had to go upstairs and talk to my doctor's office and schedule another u/s for next week so we can hopefully see two heartbeats.

After I left all the phone calls began... I promptly called my husband, who did not believe me, but then finally responded with, "Uh what are we going to do!" I then saw MIL since she had picked up Abby from daycare. She was ecstatic. Then I sent my mom a pic of the u/s and sent a text with it that said, "We love you Grandma". She called me not believing me! So by the end of the night, not only did my whole family know I was pregnant, but knew it was twins. My uncle, who has 3 boys (8 yr old and 5 yr old twins) reminded me that it's very early and something could happen. I am very well aware of the whole vanishing twin. So for now we are very excited, nervous, panicking, but we are cautiously optimistic that come November (or late October) we will have two healthy babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment