Friday, October 22, 2010

36 weeks


Under two weeks until these babies arrive... not that I am counting or anything! Well this was my first official week of maternity leave. It was tough for me to decide to stay home, but my body just can't take it anymore. My legs are so swollen that I can barely walk, and yesterday was my last day of driving. The worst is the swelling at my knees and thighs. It is just painful. I had an appt with my OB yesterday and got a surprise internal and of course its like Fort Knox up in there. There goes any hope of these babies coming early!! I am sure they will be in there until November 2nd when they are evicted! I have another BPP u/s later today and I really hope they check how big the babies are. I am very curious!

Update: So I had my BPP u/s and of course they did not measure the girls. However both continue to make lots of breathing movements and are wiggling around like crazy. This time we didn't have any issues with the heart rates. So basically the appt was very uneventful. We scheduled one more appt for Friday, October 29th. So one more u/s and one more appt with my OB. Then it's baby time!!

How far along? 36 weeks 4 days
Weight gain/loss: +34lbs... I was very surprised how much the scale was up this week since I have been throwing up every day, not eating much... but I think its just from the babies growing and the crazy amount of swelling that I have.
Maternity clothes? Since I'm not working I sit around in the same pajamas everyday. I have to admit, I am loving it!
Stretch marks? Yup got some new ones going horizontally across the top of my belly... and they are continuing to stretch... also got some bumpy feeling ones on my lower abdomen... ugh.
Sleep? Sleep??? What's that? Between this cold and being so uncomfortable I don't get much of it.
Best moment this week? Getting carpet put in our old kitchen.. that was the final piece of our renovation!!
Food cravings: dying for some sushi!
Gender: Definitely two girls (had the u/s tech check again)
Belly button in or out? just flat now
Movement? Moving around and trying to poke their way out.. I always have a little bulge here and there.
What I miss? Being able to sleep comfortably.. I really really miss this!
What I'm looking forward to: u/s today! Will update later but they are now checking the babies' breathing motions and basically seeing how ready they are to be born.
Weekly wisdom: I love my little princesses!
Milestones: They are the size of a honeydew!

No comments:

Post a Comment