Tuesday, May 25, 2010

15 weeks and full of sadness...












I figure I should try and make my weekly post before heading to NJ to be with my family. Unfortunately, my wonderful grandpa passed away early this morning after a 7 year battle with Alzheimer's. I have to admit it has been incredibly hard watching him slip away, but the last year has been the worse. It all went downhill once he went into a nursing home this past summer. I try to think more about the grandpa I knew, instead of the one that was in the nursing home. He was a wonderful man who loved Star Trek (oh the many episodes I had to watch cause there was only one tv), fishing, bowling, his bristly mustache, and how he always put on his socks and shoes when he got out of bed (I never ever saw him with bare feet!). I have been trying to think of names that begin with L (his name was Lionel) to use to honor him, but once we find out the genders we'll find an L name that we like for a middle name. This is my second grandparent that I have lost and I can only hope that I can share all the funny stories about them to Abby and our next two children. I know they will continue to live through all my great memories.

How far along? 15 weeks 1 day
Weight gain/loss: -6 lbs. Down a pound this week but I think its due to losing my grandfather and not eating as much.
Maternity clothes? Maternity clothes all the way!
Stretch marks? No new ones yet
Sleep? Haven't been sleeping well at all.
Best moment this week? Eating sushi!
Food cravings: Haagen Dazs coffee ice cream... mmmmmm
Gender: Not sure... Thinking boy and girl
Belly button in or out? In
Movement? Starting to feel a little movement going on down there.
What I miss? My grandfather, although I realize that he had been "gone" for awhile already.
What I'm looking forward to: June 23rd... big u/s where we find out what they are!
Weekly wisdom: Live every moment like it's your last
Milestones: The babies are the size of oranges this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment